Do you have mold growth in your home? Mold is a type of fungus that can grow in moist, warm environments. If you think you may have a mold problem in your home, it is important to take steps to identify and remove the mold.
Here are some signs that you may have a mold problem in your home:
Mold produces a musty odor that is often described as stale, damp, or earthy. The odor may be faint at first, but it will become stronger over time as the mold grows. The musty odor is caused by the mold releasing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into the air. VOCs are chemicals that have a strong odor and can be harmful to human health.
Visible Mold Growth
Mold can appear as black, green, white, or brown spots on walls, ceilings, furniture, and other surfaces. The color of mold can vary depending on the type of mold. Some common types of mold include:
- Black mold: This is a type of mold that is often found in water-damaged areas. It can be dangerous to human health, especially if it is inhaled.
- Green mold: This is a type of mold that is commonly found in damp areas, such as bathrooms and basements. It can cause respiratory problems, allergies, and skin irritation.
- White mold: This is a type of mold that is often found on food and in moist environments. It can cause food poisoning and respiratory problems.
- Brown mold: This is a type of mold that is commonly found on wood and other organic materials. It can cause respiratory problems and skin irritation.
Warping or Discoloration of Materials
Mold can cause materials to warp, discolor, or become brittle. This is because the mold can break down the materials over time. Mold can also cause materials to lose their structural integrity, making them more likely to break or collapse.
Mold often grows in areas where there is water damage. This could be due to a leaky roof, pipe, or appliance. Water damage can provide the moisture that mold needs to grow. If you have water damage in your home, it is important to fix the water problem as soon as possible to prevent mold growth.
If you or your family members are experiencing respiratory problems, allergies, or skin irritation, it could be a sign of mold exposure. Mold can cause a variety of health problems, including:
- Eye irritation
- Nasal congestion
- Skin irritation
If you find any signs of mold growth, it is important to take steps to remove the mold and fix the moisture problem. Thankfully Liberty Remodeling and Restoration offers full service Mold Remediation!
Liberty Remodeling and Restoration is a leading provider of mold remediation services in the area. We have the experience and expertise to remove mold safely and effectively, and we will also help you fix the moisture problem that caused the mold in the first place.
Our mold remediation process includes:
- Identifying the source of the mold growth.
- Removing the mold and its spores.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the affected area.
- Fixing the moisture problem.
If you think you may have a mold problem in your home, contact Liberty Remodeling and Restoration today for a free consultation. We will help you get rid of the mold and protect your health.
Liberty Remodeling & Restoration is a licensed, bonded, and insured general contractor, established in 2004. Since then, we’ve been helping residential and commercial clients restore homes and businesses to their former glory after severe damage.
What If Insurance Won’t Cover It? We Have Easy Financing!
Payment for tarping (as well as roof replacement) is accepted in the form of a credit card. We also have financing options.
- Financing pre-approval is accepted with credit scores of 550+.
- A $95 deposit is required for roof tarping. This deposit will be applied toward the cost of tarping your roof.*
- The cost of tarping your roof is $695 base pay (including administrative fees) + $1.50 per square foot (materials and labor).
- Your homeowner’s insurance should reimburse you for this cost because it is an emergency mitigation service. Review your policy for details.
*If you are not home when we arrive, the deposit is not refundable.